Most of the recipes we write about have some sort of story affiliated with them. Some we share, some we don't (I typically try and omit experiences that involve beeping smoke detectors). While I'm sure this one has a story of its own, at this point I can't remember it. This is one of the first meals my wife and I tried making when we first moved in together, (many years ago now!), and most of those meals we don't make anymore. Some of them we stopped making for dietary reasons, but most of them we stopped making because they weren't very good.
As we've gotten better at cooking, some of the simpler things we used to make just don't hold up anymore. This is one of the few recipes that's stayed with us! As you can imagine, Cheddar Garlic Chicken has some pretty good things going for it, and over the years we've made additions to the recipe that we think continue to enhance it (like the additions of sauce and MORE cheese)! We like to serve the chicken with couscous and some sort of vegetable on the side (usually steamed or roasted broccoli).
What you'll need:
- 1/3 Cup butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup Seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 Cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
How you'll do it:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease 11x7 baking dish
- in a bowl mix butter, garlic, garlic powder and salt. In a separate bowl mix bread crumbs, cheddar, parmesan, and pepper.
- After tenderizing chicken, dip each piece in butter mixture, then roll in crumb mixture and place in pan.
- Bake for 35 min then remove from oven. Spoon marinara sauce on top of each piece of chicken then sprinkle Monterey cheese on top. Place back in oven for 5 min.