The Moroccan tagine is the traditional cooking vessel of the slowly simmered, heavily seasoned cuisines of North Africa. The distinctive cone-shaped lid promotes natural steam circulation to keep beef, lamb and other meats perfectly tender and exceptionally flavorful. And because it’s crafted of durable cast iron, the base cooks food evenly and retains heat longer. The colorful enameled surface minimizes sticking and staining, requires no pre-seasoning, and is easy-to-clean.
- The cast iron base is designed for browning vegetables and meat on the stovetop
- Durable interior enamel requires no seasoning
- Stoneware lid circulates heat and moisture
- Flat base steadies the pan on the stovetop and the ergonomic handles are designed for easy lifting
- Black satin interior enamel is specially formulated for higher surface temperatures to enhance cooking performance