Premier Blonde 5pc Starter Block Set
This Shun Slimline Knife Block Set gets your Premier Blonde collection started beautifully. You get the three most-needed kitchen knives, including the Shun Premier Blonde 4" Paring Knife, 6.5" Utility Knife, and the 8" Chef's Knife. There's also a Premier Combination Honing Steel to help you maintain your edge. Everything fits in the elegant Slimline Bamboo Block, with room to expand. There is one additional knife slot, plus one to accommodate a handy pair of kitchen shears (sold separately).
The Shun Premier line calls to mind as the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX "super steel" to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed, similar to samurai swords using a traditional clay-baking technique. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty.
- VG-MAX steel core, Damascus clad with 34 micro-layers on each side of SUS410/SUS431 stainless steel; full tang
- Hammered Tsuchime finish, helps release the food from the blade easily when slicing
- Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
- Contoured blonde PakkaWood handle accommodates right and left-handed users
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty; hand wash with gentle dish soap
- 4" Paring Knife
- 6.5" Utility Knife
- 8" Chef's Knife
- 9" Combination Honing Steel
- 6 Slot Bamboo Slimline Knife Block