Every year around this time, we start to get excited as the first of the tomatoes and cherry tomatoes in our garden become ready to pick. At first it's sort exciting as we can harvest just enough to top a salad; however, it's not long before our garden is overrun with cherry tomatoes. This year, in-fact, I recently had to put in an extra tomato cage to support one of our sprawling plants! So needless to say we were looking for a way to make good use of all these cherry tomatoes! We combined them with some zucchini to make what we think is a perfect summer side dish! This dish was easy to make and was bursting with fresh, summer garden flavor!
What you'll need:
- 3 Cups Cherry Tomatos
- 2 Cups Zucchini, chopped ~1/2"
- 2 slices bread (we sliced up some of our favorite from Red Hen Baking)
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/4C grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How you'll do it:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine bread, parsley, cheese, garlic, oil and salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse several times until bread is chopped finely and ingredients are well mixed
- In 8"x8" baking dish, combine zucchini and cherry tomatoes. Top with bread mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 min until top is crispy and cherry tomatoes are soft.