With Valentine's Day this Thursday, we thought we'd share a recipe that would make a great "eat-in date night meal"! If you're cooking for someone special, you may be tempted to make something elaborate in an effort to impress, but that can distract you from being a good date, which is really the point! So the key is finding something that is delicious, seems a bit fancy, and is simultaneously as simple as possible; This recipe checks all of those boxes! Swordfish, in a simple but tasty, marinade cooks fast and the arugula salad acts as a both a "side salad" and a flavor adding topping. The swordfish can be cooked on a grill, but if you have a cast iron grill pan that's what we'd recommend since it's likely to be cold on a February night!
We also thought it was a good time to share this recipe, as it was inspired by a recipe from the book "The Cast Iron Way to Cook" from Le Creuset, which as part of our "We ♥ Le Creuset Sale" we're giving away to anyone who spends $100 or more on purchases of Le Creuset items--which are all on sale--from now through 2/17/19.
What you'll need:
- 2 Swordfish Steaks (about 6-8oz each)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, shredded
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan, finely grated
How you'll do it:
- In a shallow bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp of oil, garlic, basil, seasoned salt, pepper, and squeeze in juice from 2 of the lemon quarters.
- Add Swordfish steaks to bowl, and turn several times, until coated, and allow to marinade for approximately 10 min.
- Preheat grill, or cast iron grill pan, over medium heat. Grill steaks until cooked all the way through (145F, about 3-4 min per side).
- Mix arugula, Parmesan and remaining oil together in a bowl.
- Once steaks are complete, top with the arugula. Then drizzle balsamic over the top, and serve each steak with remaining lemon wedge.