It's Oktoberfest weekend in Burlington and we're celebrating with an our friend's from Wusthof with an Oktoberfest Block Party! Wusthof's Executive Chef Mike Garaghty will be joining us to show off tips, techniques, sharpening and knife skills! We'll have raffles, prizes, and Oktoberfest inspired foods to sample! Plus, we'll have exclusive deals at great prices on a variety of Wusthof knives and plenty of knives to try out!
Chef Mike will also be serving up German-Style Street Tacos & weather permitting we'll be outside grilling up German Inspired Filet Mignon Sliders!
Schedule of Tips and Techniques with Chef Mike:
- 11am Slicing and dicing – lots of veggies; how to hold the knife correctly
- 11:30am Honing and sharpening basics
- 12:00am Specialty knives—choosing the right knife for the task
- 12:30am How to properly clean a pork tenderloin
- 1:00pm Simple garnishing for holiday flair
- 1:30pm Slicing and dicing – lots of veggies; how to hold the knife correctly
- 2:00pm Saving money with your knives: how to properly bone a chicken
- 2:30pm Honing and sharpening basics