Strawberry Quinoa Salad
What you'll need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2C water
- 1 lb strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2C cucumber, finely diced
- 1/4C red onion, finely diced
- 1Cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1C Italian parsley Chopped
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- fresh pepper
How you'll do it:
- Rinse, drain, and cook quinoa as instructed*
- Chill quinoa (could be cooked the night before and refrigerated overnight!)
- Add cooked, chilled quinoa to a large bowl and add, strawberries, cucumber, red onion, mint and parsley and gently toss till well combined.
- Add in olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and mix.
- Let salad stand for a few minutes mix again and add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Toss again just prior to serving.
*package instructions may vary (or maybe you bought in bulk). Typically for 1 cup of quinoa you'd combine with 2 cups of water, bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until water is absorbed (about 15 min), then remove from heat but let sit covered for about 5min. If scaling recipe typically 1-part quinoa = 2-parts water.