Le Creuset Paella Pan
Paella, a rice dish that originated in the Valencia region of Spain, is named after the pan in which it is cooked. Different regions of Spain add varying meats and vegetables, but no matter the ingredients, the identifying mark of a good paella is the socarrat, a layer of toasted rice at the bottom best achieved in a wide, shallow pan. Le Creuset’s heat-retaining cast iron aids in the development of this crust, as does the matte black enamel interior. The large surface area keeps the rice layer shallow and allows excess moisture to evaporate, so the socarrat can form.
- Works well on the stovetop or outdoor grill
- Durable matte black enamel finish requires no seasoning
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking. DIAMETER13 1/2""
- HEIGHT1 3/4", WIDTH17 1/2", CLEANING DISHWASHER-SAFE, COUNTRY OF ORIGIN FRANCE, HEAT SOURCE CERAMIC, ELECTRIC, GAS, HALOGEN, INDUCTION, OUTDOOR GRILL, OVEN, MATERIAL CAST IRON, WARRANTYLIFETIME
More options available: