Shun Classic Santoku
A santoku is a Japanese all-purpose kitchen knife. Like a chef's knife, the santoku is used for just about every cutting job in the kitchen. This Shun Classic Santoku features hollow-ground indentations on the blade help reduce friction so the blade glides through the food more easily. When we first introduced the Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Santoku to the market, it was named “Kitchen Knife of the Year” by BLADE MAGAZINE.
- Add this award-winning knife to your kitchen
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan