Coarse/Fine Crystolon Sharpening Stone
Sharpening stones, or whetstones, are abrasive surfaces used to sharpen and hone the edges of steel cutting implements, such as chisels, knives, scissors, hand scrapers, and plane blades. Sharpening is the process of creating or re-establishing a cutting edge by grinding away portions of the metal to adjust the angle of the edge and reform the shape. Honing removes small imperfections. Stones can be flat, for working flat edges, or shaped, for edges that are more complex. Sharpening stones are made of natural or synthetic materials that range from softer to harder, and are categorized by the size of their abrasive particles, known as grit. A stone with a coarser grit is used when more metal needs to be removed (e.g., when sharpening a nicked or very dull blade); the stone with the finest grit produces the sharpest edge. Where numbers are assigned to specify grit, they range from coarser grit (low) to finer grit (high). Some sharpening stones are designed for use with a lubricating liquid, some can be used dry, and others can be used either wet or dry. When used with lubricating liquid, a sharpening stone can be called a waterstone or an oilstone, based on the lubricant required.
- Combination knife sharpening stone with a dual side sharpening system, one side with 100 grit stone for repairing cutting edges and 280 grit stone for sharpening and maintaining razor sharp edges on knives and tools
- This sharpening oil stone is designed for efficiency in repairing and maintaining the razor sharp edges needed for key at home tools including kitchen knives, hunting knives and many more
- Sharpening stone is prefilled with oil to allow lubricant to stay on the sharpening stone surface while sharpening
- This tool and knife sharpening oil stone is 1 x 8 x 3 inch size (H x W x D) and can be used as a bench stone for kitchen knives, a utility knife, tools and more
- Oil stones such as this one are more durable and harder than a whetstone and is intended to be used with Norton Abrasives Sharpening Stone Oil for the most efficient sharpening system