New Meal Monday: Smokey Maple Wings
I'm a fan of sports, so, like any people in America, one of the things I look forward to in the fall is football games on Sundays. However, typically my team is bad, so by this point in the season, I've lost hope in the season. So one of the ways I cope with that is to make some tasty treats to enjoy while my team (the Jets) inevitably finds a new way to disappoint me, that way I still have something to look forward to!One of my favorites is wings, but tend to be a little bit of baby when it comes to buffalo sauce. I can enjoy buffalo wings, through my tears, but I'm usually looking for other options to dress up my chicken wings. So we tried using a marinade featuring Sugar Bob's Smoked Maple Syrup. The smokiness and the sweetness create a tasty contrast that is delicious! Plus, you get a nice smoky flavor on the wings, without having to fire up the smoker! I cooked these on the grill but you could bake them as well!
What you'll need:
- 1lb Chicken Wings, trimmed and separated
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
How you'll do it:
- Combine ingredients in a bowl or resealable bag, and mix well (salt and pepper to taste). Allow to marinade 1-2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Grill wings, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 15-20 min. Brush wings with leftover marinade, 3-4 times while cooking.