New Meal Monday: Skillet Breakfast Pizza
The concept is simple. Breakfast is the best meal, but pizza is the best food. (You may disagree with this sentiment, but you'd be wrong). So, we thought we'd take some of breakfast's greatest hits, and turn in it into something that resembled a pizza! Hash browns as "crust" and topped with eggs, veggies and cheese! Obviously you can play around with whatever toppings you like but the combination of the potato crust and scrambled eggs are at the heart of what make this meal delicious!
What you'll need:
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 Red Pepper, cut to 1/2" strips
- 2 Sausage Patties (regular or Veggie), cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 1/2-3/4 bag of "Crispy Crowns" (flat, round hash browns)
- 1/4 Cup Spinach
- Green Onions, diced
How you'll do it:
- Pre-heat oven to 425*F. Lightly oil a 12" skillet (our favorite Finex skillet is pictured), arrange Crispy Crowns to cover the bottom of and standing up around the outside of the skillet. Bake for 15 Min.
- While potatoes are baking, beat eggs and milk together and cook scrambled eggs until almost cooked completely. Also saute red pepper over medium heat until just starting soften, about 5 min.
- Remove skillet from oven. Gently press potatoes and flatten just enough so they're all touching each other. Sprinkle about 2 Tbsp of cheddar cheese over the potatoes, then top with scrambled eggs, peppers, sausage, and spinach. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for an additional 10 min.
- Top with green onions and pepper to taste. Slice and enjoy!