New Meal Monday: Pesto Potato Salad
Recently we offered to bring a side dish to a family cookout. Our normal go-to for this type of gathering would usually be this mac n' cheese recipe that we love, but we really wanted something a little different, and also, with the recent wave of humidity we were hoping to avoid turning on the oven! A potato salad always seems to be a common cookout side, but our house is a little divided on mayo, so we thought we'd use pesto instead! We kept our ingredients list pretty simple, but you could definitely play around with the veggies and ingredients involved! We found this made about 6-8 servings.
What you'll need:
- 2lbs Mini-Medley Potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
- 1/2C Pesto
- 1C Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4C Sliced Roasted Almonds
How you'll do it:
- Cut potatoes up into bite size pieces (typically halves or quarters depending on size).
- In a stockpot, cover potatoes with water and bring to a bowl. Cook until tender enough to pierce with a fork, about 8-10 min.
- Strain potatoes and rinse with cold water to stop them from continuing to cook.
- Once potatoes are cool and dry, pour in large bowl and mix in pesto, tomatoes and almonds until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to chill in refrigerator at least 15-20 min.