New Meal Monday: Pepper Dip
In honor of knife month, I thought I’d search for a recipe that really put our favorite knives to the test. Flipping through our recipe box, I stumbled upon a recipe for a pepper dip that was given to me at my bridal shower from a college roommate. I first tasted it at this friend’s graduation party and raved about it so much that she thankfully passed it along! This Pepper Dip is not like any other dip I’ve had, and to be honest I think the title ‘dip’ is somewhat misleading. Think light and refreshing – a mix of diced peppers, tomatoes and green onions topped with feta cheese and a squeeze of lemon. It certainly fits the bill for knife month as you get a chance to hone your dicing skills. (I chose the Wusthof 6” Chef’s knife** (which is currently on sale!) I am most comfortable with a slightly smaller blade, but really any knife of you taste will do) This dip is similar to a fresh salsa in texture/appearance and is most delicious when enjoyed with tortilla chips. I recommend Tostitos Scoops so you can really pile on all the fresh veggies!
What you’ll need:
- 4 bell peppers, (1 green, 1 red, 1 orange, 1 yellow)
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 4-5 green onions
- Olive oil
- 1 container of crumbled feta cheese
How you’ll do it:
- Dice the peppers and tomatoes and place in 13x9 inch baking dish. Add in chopped green onion.
- Drizzle with olive oil (enough to cover) and mix.
- Squeeze juice from 1 lemon
- Top with crumbled feta cheese
- Chill or serve immediately.