New Meal Monday: Homemade Tzatziki
A couple of weeks ago, we wrote about how our garden was awash in cherry tomatoes and we were looking for a tasty new recipe to take advantage of them. Well, this week's recipe followed a similar pattern. We are growing more cucumbers then we we know what to do with, so we were looking for a creative way to incorporate them into an appetizer were were planning to bring to a dinner at my parents house this weekend. Typically we'd cut them up as part of a veggie platter with a dip. Well we did that, but we also incorporated cucumber into the dip itself by making homemade Tzatziki! Tasty and super easy to make, we now also have leftovers to use in sandwiches, wraps and with other snacks as well!
What you'll need:
- 1 Cucumber
- 1C Whole Greek Yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, minced
How you'll do it:
- Peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and shred using a box grater.
- Mix shredded cucumber with 1/2 tsp of salt and place in colander to let drain 15-20 min.
- While cucumber is draining mix yogurt, oil, garlic, and mint in a separate bowl.
- Once cucumber is drained, mix in well with other ingredients.
- Salt and pepper to taste.