New Meal Monday: Grilled Veggie Platter
While we might have skipped Spring, the summer weather is finally here in Vermont (for now anyway!).
That means it's grilling season, and while the grill usually brings to mind a variety of meat focused meals, nothing brings out the flavor in your favorite veggies then cooking them over an open flame! This simple dish with a simple marinade is full of flavor and with a variety of colors looks nice too! So next time you're firing up the grill be sure to try out this tasty (and healthy!) side dish!
What you'll need:
- 1 large zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 summer squash, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 Red Onion, cut into wedges
- 2 large carrots, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
How you'll do it:
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl. In a separate, smaller bowl, mix together all additional ingredients.
- Pour marinade over vegetables, and mix together well. Let stand about 10 min.
- Put veggies on a large grilling grid, or bbq matt, and arrange ina single layer if possible.
- Grill on medium-high heat for about 10 min. until veggies are starting to blacken along grid lines.
- Arrange on a tray and enjoy!