New Meal Monday: Cherry Tomato Sauce
Well, we've written previously this year that we have had an abundance of cherry tomatoes this year. We love using them in salads and as additives in other dishes, but with the amount we grew this year we were looking for some good recipes to use a bunch of them at a time. We were able to harvest a good final haul before the first frost, and decided to make this quick and easy cherry tomato sauce recipe! The cherry tomatoes make for a sweeter sauce, and we put it over zucchini noodles and mixed it with veggie sausage. We found the sweet sauce was a nice compliment for the slightly spicy sausage!
What you'll need:
- 1/8C Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2C cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- pinch of of sugar
- 1/8C fresh basil leaves, shredded
How you'll do it:
- Mince garlic and cut cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a about a 10" skillet.
- Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, pepper, salt, sugar and stir together in the skillet.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally and using a fork or mini masher to mash the tomatoes as they soften.
- Sprinkle basil on top and pour over pasta or zoodles of your choosing!