Glazed Brussel Sprouts
What you'll need:
- 2 Tbsp. white miso paste
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar (sub sherry vinegar)
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. neutral cooking oil (grapeseed, organic canola, or olive oil)
- 1lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
How you'll do it:
- Combine miso paste, Dijon mustard, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and chili flakes in a blender; blend on low speed until combined. Increase the blender speed to medium, and slowly stream in 1/4 cup of oil. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven broiler to HIGH.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. of oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until browned and season with salt.
- Separately, add panko, parmesan, and sesame seeds to a medium bowl; toss to combine.
- Pour miso-sesame mixture into a skillet with brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Top with panko mixture and transfer skillet to the upper center rack of the oven.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until a golden-brown crust forms.