Shun Classic Chinese Cleaver
The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver, sometimes known as a Chinese cleaver, is a large squared knife with a very wide blade. Every part of it can be put to use. The edge is used to chop vegetables, especially larger ones such as cabbage. The flat of the blade makes a great tool for smashing garlic cloves. The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver feels solid, but Shun's thinner blade makes it easy to handle so food preparation is a pleasure.
- Perfect for chopping and slicing vegetables—a favorite of many professional chefs
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
Handcrafted in Japan