White Bean & Beef Stew
What you'll need:
- 2 pounds beef chuck, fat trimmed and cubed
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 pound mixed baby potatoes, halved
- 3-4 jarred hot chili peppers in oil roughly, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- black pepper
- C low sodium beef broth
- 2C red wine
- 1/3C tomato paste
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach
How you'll do it:
- Preheat the oven to 325*F.
- In a large oven safe dutch oven, combine the beef, onion, garlic, carrots, potatoes, chili peppers, flour, pinch of salt & pepper and mix until combined.
- Mix in the broth, wine, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaves, and season again with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and cook 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours or until the meat is fork tender and falling apart.
- Remove from oven and preheat the broiler.
- Stir in the white beans and greens.
- Return to oven and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring 2-3 times, until the beef is browned and the sauce thickened.
- Remove from the oven & remove the thyme and bay leaves.