What you'll need:
- 4 ears of corn, husked
- 1/2C fresh basil leaves
- 1/4C olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5C cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
How you'll do it:
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Add corn to a stock pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil. Turn off and remove corn and allow it to drain & cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, chop basil, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined.
- Cut corn from cob and place in a bowl.
- Stir in tomatoes, pepper and remaining salt.
- Add avocado and 2 tablespoons basil mixture; toss gently till mixed.
- Put shrimp on skewers and brush both sides with remaining basil mixture.
- Grill shrimp covered, over medium heat until cooked through (about 2-4 minutes per side).
- Remove shrimp from skewers; serve with corn mixture & enjoy!