May is BBQ Month so we'll be celebrating by posting a variety of grilling themed recipes all month long!
We thought we'd start with a skewer that you not only cook on the grill, but makes a great side for just about any cookout--a side of potatoes is a BBQ Classic! A nice benefit to this is you can mostly cook the potatoes in advance, and then throw them on the grill for a little bit to finish cooking them and add a little crisp and grilled flavor. Plus, using a rosemary sprig as your skewer adds a dash more flavor, and makes a nice presentation as well!
What you'll need:
- 1lb small young potatoes
- 4-8 sprigs of rosemary (depending upon length)
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
How you'll do it:
- After washing potatoes, boil for about 15-20 min (until skin is soft and potatoes are mostly cooked, but slightly firm). Rinse potatoes under cold water and set aside to dry
- After washing and patting dry rosemary sprigs, remove needles from lower 2/3rds of sprigs.
- Finely chop rosemary needles and garlic, then stir together with oil, salt and pepper.
- Pat remaining water off potatoes and cut into wedges (about 1-1.5" in size). Use rosemary sprigs to skewer potatoes.
- Brush potatoes with oil mixture and grill on high heat for 5-10 min, rotating and brushing with oil regularly.