I always think of fall as slow cooker season. It's cool, and often damp, and there's something really nice about having something warm and delicious cooking, and filling the house with aromas all day long. This past Sunday we were planning to take our daughter (aka Elmo) to Trick-or-Treat on Church St, and thought it'd be nice to have something almost done cooking by the time we got home. For some reason, I had pulled pork on my mind, but we thought we'd make it a little healthier (but just as flavorful!) by cooking with chicken breast instead! The result was tasty pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches! We topped with shredded cheddar cheese and coleslaw and had them on toasted buns, but you could use this chicken in a number of other ways as well. These portions would probably about 6 (we got 4 sandwiches and still had a lot leftover!)
What you'll need:
- 2lbs Chicken Breast
- 1C BBQ Sauce*
- 1/4C Italian Dressing
- 1/4C Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
How you'll do it:
- In a bowl, combine sauces, dressing, & sugar and mix together.
- Trim fat of chicken and tenderize. Place Chicken in slow cooker
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low 6-7 hrs until chicken is cooked through.
- Using forks, pull chicken apart until shredded, mix together and cook on low additional 15 min (then set to warm until ready to serve).
- Put chicken on toasted buns, top with grated cheddar and coleslaw and enjoy!
*You can use regular BBQ sauce, or something like maple BBQ sauce if you'd like something a little sweeter!