After last week's experiment with the Zavor Lux MultiCooker, we decided we should make multi-cooker recipes our theme for the month of January. The cold temperatures make it feel like the perfect time to be making piping hot, pressure cooked meals! And since we've been hearing more and more about some "instant pot anxiety" we figured dedicating a month to mastering the multi-cooker, as well as providing some easy to follow recipes would be a good project for our New Meal Mondays! This week we tried to keep the recipe really simple with just a few ingredients, and you'll have delicious shredded chicken for tacos! (This would also make a good filling for a rice bowl, or topping for nachos!) You can also make this recipe by following the same steps, but cooking in a slow cooker (4-5 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low).
What you'll need:
- 2.5-3 lbs Chicken Breasts, halved
- 1C Chicken Stock
- 3C salsa
- 3 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Yucatecan Recado Rojo*
- 1 Can Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- Taco Shells
- Cheese, lettuce, and additional toppings of your choosing
How you'll do it:
- Pour chicken stock into multicooker, add chicken breast, seasoning, and pour salsa on top.
- Close lid on pressure cooker, and set for 8 minutes.
- When finished cooking, remove chicken and shred with a couple forks. Return to pot, and stir well, mixing in black beans.
- Pour into shells, add desired toppings and enjoy!
*Can substitute with taco seasoning of your choosing.
**If you use soft tortilla taco shells we suggest heating up a skillet and browning the shells in it while the chicken cooks