For the second year in a row, electric multi-cookers were one of the most popular holiday gift items. These machines are designed to do-it-all. You can sauté, cook rice and risotto, make yogurt, use it as a slow-cooker, or use it as a pressure cooker! The pressure cooker functionality is often the most appealing, reducing cooking times without losing flavors always sounds like a good idea! While the Instant Pot has been leading the multi-cooker craze, we've found the Zavor Lux Multi-Cooker to be a highly recommended option. This comes with access to a variety of recipes too, which is helpful because there can be a little bit of learning curve when it comes to cooking with these. We took our inspiration from one of these recipes so that we could have the timing right for cooking the chicken, and made and Asian-style chicken and vegetable dish, that was quite tasty served over rice noodles (cooked separately) but could also be served over rice! You could also simply adapt this recipe for a slow cooker if you had time to make sure the chicken cooked through.
What you'll need:
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into 1.5" cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 Cup broccoli crowns
- 1/2 Cup hoisin sauce, mixed with 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
How you'll do it:
- Using the Saute function, heat the oil in the pressure cooker and stir in garlic and ginger and cook for about 1 min. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Stir in vegetables and sauces, close lid and set to pressure cook for 8 min.
- While cooking, cook rice noodles in a stock pot according to packaged directions.
- Serve chicken. vegetables over rice noodles, and enjoy!