A few years ago, we were hosting a holiday cocktail party at our house and were planning to serve an assortment of appetizers. We figured one option should be mini quiche, as they always seem to be popular whenever they're served. However, since we were preparing a number of things, we figured rather than make mini quiche for the first time, we'd buy frozen ones and just heat them up. After looking at 3 different grocery store with no luck, we ended up not serving mini quiche at our party. I don't remember what we served instead, but it definitely wasn't as good. Since then we've talked repeatedly about making these tasty little treats, and now that we have, honestly, I feel a little silly for not just making them the first time around. Simple and delicious, these are sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering you are hosting or attending! Simply decided what you want to fill them with, and enjoy!
Here's what you need:
- 1 uncooked pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choosing!)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of chopped cooked vegetables or meat*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
*We made 3 variations: 1) broccoli and cheddar 2) ham and cheddar and 3) mushroom, onion and (of course) cheddar. Here is where you can get creative and add whatever fixings you'd like!
Here is how you do it:
- Roll out pie crust into rectangle and cut into 2" pieces. Place each piece in mini muffin tin (should make about 24)
- Beat eggs together with milk in glass measuring cup (easy for pouring into cups). Add in salt and pepper.
- Put a pinch of vegetable/meat into each cup. Top with a bit of cheese and then pour egg mixture in. Be careful not to overfill.
- Bake at 425F for 13-15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.