Well our garden is pretty much done for the season. In part because many of the things we planted have stopped producing, and in part because we've had a hard time lately keeping up with maintaining it!
However, one thing that we still seem to have plenty of is kale. Kale is one of my favorite things to grow for this very reason. It's has a long growing season, and is very hardy, needing very little tending to! Simply harvest when you want it!
Since our garden just continues to produce a seemingly endless supply of kale we've been looking for more and more uses for it, which led us to this week's experiment with kale pesto! It proved to be tasty and can variety of ways. We used it over pasta this evening!
What you'll need:
- 2 cups kale, washed & removed from stems
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
How you'll do it:
- Preheat oven to 375 and spread pine nuts in single layer on baking sheet.
- Toast pine nuts 3-5 minutes or until starting to brown/tan
- Once pine nuts have cooled, add pine nuts, kale and garlic to a food processor and mix until well minced.
- Slowly pour in olive oil while mixing food processor.
- Add cheese and mix briefly, just till all products are well combined.