While we might have skipped Spring, the summer weather is finally here in Vermont (for now anyway!).
That means it's grilling season, and while the grill usually brings to mind a variety of meat focused meals, nothing brings out the flavor in your favorite veggies then cooking them over an open flame! This simple dish with a simple marinade is full of flavor and with a variety of colors looks nice too! So next time you're firing up the grill be sure to try out this tasty (and healthy!) side dish!
What you'll need:
- 1 large zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 summer squash, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 Red Onion, cut into wedges
- 2 large carrots, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
How you'll do it:
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl. In a separate, smaller bowl, mix together all additional ingredients.
- Pour marinade over vegetables, and mix together well. Let stand about 10 min.
- Put veggies on a large grilling grid, or bbq matt, and arrange ina single layer if possible.
- Grill on medium-high heat for about 10 min. until veggies are starting to blacken along grid lines.
- Arrange on a tray and enjoy!