May is National Barbeque Month, so we thought for this week's New Meal Monday, we'd share a quick easy recipe for the grill!.
While nice spring weather has been hard to come by in Vermont so far this year, it will be here eventually, and when it does, there's few things more enjoyable then cooking on the grill! Shrimp are easy to grill and since they cook quickly, they're easy to time with other parts of your meal, and this cilatro-lime marinade is fresh, and tasty and easy to make. It would also be good for chicken, so if you wanted you could make a larger batch and save some for another night!
What you'll need:
- 1lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 Cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
What you'll do:
- Mix all ingredients, other than shrimp, together in a bowl.
- Mix in shrimp and marinade for 1 hr.
- Skewer shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked through. 3-4 min per side