What you'll need:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dough for single-crust pie
How you'll do it:
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate.
- Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 45-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and top of pie is set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary).
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
Dough for single-crust pie:Combine 1-1/4C all-purpose flour and 1/4 tsp. salt; cut in 1/2 cup cold butter until crumbly. Gradually add 3-5 Tbsp. ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.