What you'll need:
- 4 medium beets
- 1/4C red onion, finely diced
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2C fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp fresh pepper
How you'll do it:
- In a saucepan bring beets and water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer until tender all the way through (45- 60 minutes). Chill beets and water (save wtaer you'll need later).
- Once beets are cold, slide off skin using your hands.
- Slice beets and place 3 of the 4 beets in a blender (set one sliced beet aside)
- To the blender add 2 Cups of the cold beet water, half of the chopped onion (set the rest of the onion aside) , garlic clove, 2 of the sliced Persian cucumbers (saving one), salt, pepper, vinegar and about 2/3 of the fresh dill (set the rest aside).
- Blend until very smooth. May add salt, pepper and vinegar to taste, and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When serving use remaining beet, cucumber, and dill as garnish.