A Statement Regarding Reopening
To Our Customers:
We are very much looking forward to opening our doors and welcoming you back in our stores. We want to be sure that when we reopen we’ve taken every precaution to ensure both your safety and the safety of our team members, as well as making sure we’re running the most efficient operation we can. While we know we’re allowed to open today, Monday May 18th, we plan to take extra time to ensure we’re ready.
We plan to open our Burlington store on Thursday May 21st at 11am. We will be open Thursday through Sunday this week (hours below) and plan to be closed Monday 5/25 for Memorial Day in order to make assessments & adjustments. After that we expect to reopen on Tuesday 5/26 using what we’ve learned to inform any changes in our hours and operating procedures.
At this time, our Middlebury store will continue to operate as curbside pick-up only on the same limited schedule. This is part of an effort to ensure that as a business, we’re operating as efficiently and safely as possible.
Please note, that while our store is open, we will continue to ship, deliver and offer curbside pick-up. We encourage you to take advantage of those options whenever possible.
We will, of course, have additional measures in place to ensure extra time for our team to clean and sanitize the store, but there will be some operational changes as well.
Some of the changes you can expect to see while visiting our store:
- Limited capacity. We will only be allowing 7 customers at a time in our store.
- One-way aisles. If you’ve been grocery shopping, you know what this looks like. We’ve also rearranged our store to have 4 clear aisles.
- We will have a defined “entrance” and “exit” to promote easier movement throughout the store.
- We will only have one register open positioned near the exit.
- Payment should be made only by Credit Card.
- There will be protective shields in place at our register and our knife counter, our two most-interactive spaces.
- Gloves will be required for anyone wishing to look at a knife, and knives will be routinely sanitized.
- We will require customers to wear masks. It’s ok if you didn’t bring one, we’ll have disposable masks available.
Our Burlington store hours this week will be:
Thursday 5/21 thru Saturday 5/23 11am-4:00pm
Sun 5/24 11am-3pm
Thank you, as always for your support, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!